Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links, meaning, if you purchase a product using my affiliate link, I’ll get a small commission at no cost to you.
How can you make your press release more shareable? Have you ever imagined how your press release can stay longer? Did you issue a release a few months back, and now it just vanished?
The truth is, a lot of releases were published and they just went off with a silent death.
A decade ago, having a shareable content isn’t a big thing. However, it’s different today especially when creating a buzz is a critical issue.
For your content to stay longer, you need to understand how your target audience consumes information. A little know-how on social media also pays off.
If you’re having these issues for a long time, you can do something to lengthen the life of your content and make it shareable.
Let us consider the best tips to make your press release more shareable.
1• Create a catchy headline
An excellent headline is a prerequisite to getting more reads and shares. Craft headlines that are interesting, catchy, meaningful and unique.
The headline is the first thing a reader sees. If it doesn’t catch their eyes, it’s impossible for you to get shares on social media.
Thinking of how to make your headline irresistible? Follow these tips:
- Keep it short, punchy and informative.
- It should include the keyword within the first three words.
- Make the main point clear in the headline.
- Do not mislead your audience by writing something that isn’t really found in your content.
Please read this article to learn how to write a compelling headline.
Source image: Twitter
If you want to grow your followers on twitter and widen the reach of your news, use Twitter Ads.
Twitter Advertising campaigns will enable you to expand the reach of your press release – helping
amplify your content to your target audience.
In this way, you get more people talking about your release.
That’s not all…
It also helps you connect with a new audience
who’s interested in your content.
Twitter ads are designed to reach a specific group of audience. Know your budget. Weigh how much you are willing to pay for promoted tweets.
Related Post: How to Use Twitter Analytics to Boost Conversion
3• Blog about your press release
To gain maximum exposure, you can blog about your release. Do not copy paste it. Rather, summarize it through the blog. Read more here.
Copy pasting your release on your blog can hurt your SEO. Google penalizes sites that duplicate content.
After summarizing, include multimedia assets that can support your claims to make it compelling.
When blogging a release, remember these rules:
- Choose an interesting release to blog about. Always consider the one that resonates to your audience.
- Edit the headline to make it more attention-grabbing. Blog headlines are different from the headlines of a release. Make sure that the headline will make the people click to it or read the release.
- Take away the promotional lines. When blogging, make sure that it is not written like you are selling your product. Keep it informative.
- Include more images, videos, and photos.
- Include key takeaways. Edit your content to make it easy on the eyes. Include bullet points, lists, or summaries.
- Remove internal quotes. It’s not applicable to add quotes from your company president or CEO.
- Remove the boilerplate. Blogs don’t need this, so ensure that it is not included in the blog.
To make it clearer, a release is made for the media to cover your story. They write stories that readers would be interested to read. Check this out.
On the other hand, a blog is created for a larger audience. It is written to encourage the audience to take some action.
Although your releases are distributed on different sites, don’t forget to publish it on your own site. You can have it published in the media section.
Journalists looking for your previous coverage and stories can find it there.
Don’t expect that your releases will encourage subscribers or comments. Just place it on that section for reference.
4• Use emails to boost your content visibility
Yes! With email newsletters, you can easily promote your press release to your subscribers and improve its visibility and make it more shareable.
An enhanced content visibility will increase the overall performance on a search engine.
However, do you have an email list that you can send newsletters to? How can you grow your list faster?
ThriveLeads is the best WP plugin that will help you grow your email list faster than you imagine.
This WordPress plugin is the most advance lead generation tool you need for a faster email list building campaign.
Click the links to check it out!
With your list in place, send out weekly newsletters that summarize some the content of your press release and ask recipients to share it on social media.
I will not recommend sending daily newsletters because some recipients might find it irritating.
This step will sure increase the visibility of your release and make it more shareable.
Please read this article to learn how to increase your email open rate.
5• Create infographics
Infographics are the visual representation of complex data to make it easy to understand. Today, a lot of businesses are using it in presenting their content.
Infographics allow people to easily digest information through statistics, charts and visual data. The information becomes catchy and interesting with the use of colors, negative space and proportion.
When creating your own infographics, make sure that it is simple. Don’t create a complicated design to allow the audience to understand the figure better.
Create a universal design to make it accessible for all the users. Do not copy any design. Have your own to foster originality.
Image credit: Facebook
Go Live on social media sites like Facebook or create and upload a Facebook video of your press release.
Broadcasting your content live provides a lot of benefits for your business. It is applicable for product and service promotions, online classes, broadcasting and live announcements.
It is an effective method to communicate your message to community partners and customers. If done the right way, it helps promote your product or services to a wider audience.
A lot of marketers use Facebook Live for Business. Here are the reasons why it remains effective and why you should go live:
- Offers a unique content – Snapchat, Periscope, and Meerkat offers live streaming content that takes the live recording to a new level. Using Facebook Live offers a real-time and instant source of content for viewers.
- Live streaming creates more excitement when introducing a new product – If you are releasing a new product, FB Live is recommended because it shows raw and unedited broadcasting. This means companies can tap into the audience’s excitement around the offer to maximize return on investment (ROI).
- Boost brand and event awareness – If you have a new brand or an event coming up, a live stream is a great way to promote it.
- Helps increase traffic – Using this tool can help you drive traffic to your website and FB page. It promotes your content and encourages visitors to return again and again.
- Promotes real-time engagement – Live streaming shows a real-time engagement. It is a good testing platform to see if a content would work.
- It’s cost-effective – Using FB Live is a more cost-effective way to share content without paying anything. You just must stay connected on the internet and take the live streaming.
- Connect you directly with your target audience – There’s no question that it is a great way to connect with the audience directly. Brands can use it to launch a Q & A session.
If you want to have a wider exposure, make sure that there are social media sharing buttons where your content is published. This allows your audience to share your content on various social media sites.
It enhances your audience’s experience. With the buttons in place, they can easily share the content on varied platforms.
Moreover, it promotes brand awareness. How?
When people share your content, it increases your chances of attracting more website visitors who would want to learn more about your offer and your business.
8• Create tweetable press release headlines.
You’ll notice that the headline of an article is displayed when it is shared online. This means that you should pay close attention to what you are writing in the headline.
A tweetable headline should be 100 characters long or less to allow users to share it.
Make sure that your tweetable headlines are interesting, compelling and useful. Include the keywords within the first three words for search engine optimization (SEO).
Whenever you are doing press release distribution, choose the most significant message for your story. Then embed a “click to tweet” to make it more shareable. You can try it in a powerful quote or data.
10• Make it mobile-friendly.
Your content should be compatible with different mobiles devices and gadgets. Thus, make sure that your releases are mobile-friendly.
It ensures that users can read and share your content easily.
A recent study reveals more than 60℅ of all search queries are performed on mobile devices which makes it essential that your press release is formatted for mobile.
Further, Google’s recent mobile-first indexing strategy shows that Google favors mobile version over the desktop version. Why?
Because more than half of internet users are accessing the internet via mobile devices.
Therefore, it is a good rule of thumb to make sure your press release is mobile optimized. That way, you will certainly increase social media shares.
Here we have 10 remarkable tips to help you make your press release more shareable.
There are many other ways though, but these are the most actionable steps you can use today and start seeing results.
What are the best tips that are working for you? Please tell us in the comments section.
About the author
Fred Griffin is a marketing consultant, promotion specialist and content creating guru. He writes custom content for the internet offering solutions from creative digital marketing tactics to SEO and web design driven by results. He enjoys applying his marketing insight to overcome business stagnation, create growth solutions, and improve customer experiences.