Do you want to offer excellent customer service to your customers? Did you know you can include an extra touch to your customer service and make it a formidable marketing tactic that will help to bring in more consumers to your business?
Yes, you can, and that’s what we are going to discuss in this article.
If I may ask you, what is the principal element of your business that can significantly boost your company’s alliance with your buyers? Of course, it is outstanding and enhanced customer service.
The way you attend to consumers can make or break your business, and the first thing they will always call to mind after visiting your business is how your customer service team treated them.
In consequence, it gives you more reason why you should offer excellent customer service. It is not rocket science, and you can make it happen. Realizing your goal of exceptional customer service in your business is realistic and easy to do. All you need is to put more efforts, tweak your current strategy, and evaluate your campaign.
However, why is customer service necessary for your business?
The Benefits of Customer Service
The key to your company’s success is to get consumers and clients to your business. The more customers you bring in to the platform, the higher your chances of success. However, getting the customer to buy from you is fascinating, but making them come back for more is where the is a problem.
The best customers are buyers who always come back to you; these type of consumers will buy from you for a long time to come. And in most cases, the primary reason for return customers is excellent customer service built through emotional connections. That is why it has to be at the core of your business.
Some benefits of excellent customer service include:
- Repeat clients and shoppers
- Long-term business relationships
- More sales and revenue
- Controls high price
- Provides competitive advantage
- And so forth.
In this article, you will uncover seven ways to become an excellent customer service provider.
Let’s dive in.
Recommended: How to Build An Online Presence for Your Business
Develop Customer Service Skills
This step comes first because without improving the skills set of your customer service department, nothing is going to work. Your customer care team must possess the appropriate skills to be able to offer exceptional services to consumers. Thus, you need to identify areas to develop. Some key areas to explore are:
- Patience: You customer representatives must have the ability to accept and tolerate customer delays and problems without showing feelings of nervousness and worry or become unease and annoyed with shoppers.
- Empathy: Make sure your customer team can understand and share consumers’ feelings. They must have a good rapport with buyers and be sensitive to their situation. It means that they need to be able to identify when a customer needs help and provide it accordingly.
- Adaptability: This skill is an essential quality for customer service personnel because the working conditions and environment keep changing. Hence, you need to be able to adapt to a new working environment and circumstances. Furthermore, no two customers are the same; they all have different issues to deal with. Therefore, you must be able to figure changes in customer mood and adapt to the situation accordingly.
- Time-management: There situations where you have to attend to long lines of waiting customers, that is where time-management come to play. You have to be capable of attending to each customer swiftly without spending unnecessary time on one shopper, knowing that many are waiting for your attention. In other words, time management will allow you to control how much time you spend on a particular consumer or activities. It enables you to cut the time spent on your undertakings and improves your output.
- Communication: You must be an excellent communicator. Thus, ensure that you communicate effectively with customers by transmitting your message correctly. On whatever medium you are using to convey your message, make sure your customers clearly understand you to avoid any confusion, such as changes in prices of merchandise. Be sure that you impart the right message and confirm that they clearly understand you.
Ask for Customer Feedback
The best way to get valuable information about your customers that will help you serve them better is to conduct customer surveys to get their feedback. Customer feedback will enable you to see areas of your service that you need to improve for an effective customer service campaign.
You might be amazed at what you discover about your customer’ needs and wants regarding your product and services. Several tools will help you in this regard. However, I recommend SurveyAnyPlace for this strategy.
This tool will take the work off your hand and help you create interactive questionnaires that get answers and assist you in developing active customer service.
Recommended: How to Create A Product for Your Blog In 7 Steps
Respond Quickly to Customer Inquiries or Complaints
Speed plays a critical role in all marketing endeavors mainly if consumers are asking for things that are urgent or time-dependent. Research by the Steller Services of top 100 retail businesses, for example, found that 31 of the respondent’s clock set an average hold-time of below one minute.
Source image: Cision PRweb
According to the study, 31 of the top 100 retailers clocked an average hold time of less than one minute, and an average of 1:41 seconds to reach a live agent. Meanwhile, the most extended hold times are on Mondays and Fridays, with Sunday being the most convenient day to contact a live customer service representative.
Recommended for You: 6 No-Fail Ways to Grow Your Small Business With Cold Email
The analysis also found that on average, the email response time of all retailers who responded to the survey is 17 hours. As you can see, putting customers on hold for longer than is required before returning to them and waiting for hours on ends before you reply to their emails is a red flag for business — it is not good marketing ethics.
Consequently, improve on this aspect so that you can offer the best customer service possible, attract new customers an grow your business.
Use Customer Service Software
Have you considered using customer service software (CSS)? There are several CSS in the marketplace that can help you streamline your customer support undertakings.
For instance, your customer support responsibilities may including responding to buyers emails and keeping a note of the interactions. And in some cases, you might be required to perform these task using Microsoft Outlook or Spreadsheet. Understandably, it is not always easy to manually perform these tasks.
That is where customer service software comes in handy. Customer support software enables you to manage and organize your project as well as makes it easier to reply to customers’ emails and other demands. The software will also assist you in monitoring consumer interactions in terms of responses and unread emails.
Some of the benefits of using these automation tools include:
- Provides extra value to buyers
- Respond to customers on time as more and more shoppers are becoming impatient
- Boost your business’ effectiveness
- Improve productivity
- Provides accurate information
Make Sure You Are Accessible
This step requires you to make yourself approachable, be friendly to consumers, and always available. Why? Because your clients and customers may want to contact you for an urgent message, service requirement, a question, or project which might result in them losing money if you are not available.
Given this, provide different communication channels where clients and prospective customers can quickly reach you. You may want to spell out the following contact details for secure communication:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Social media
- Person representatives
Having different channels of contact and maintaining a rapid response system, you will attract more cust0mers and clients. But the opposite of may result in loss of customers.
Wrapping It Up
Although there are several ways to offer excellent customer service, the tips in this article will aid you to boost your service strategy and provide practical and robust customer support that will bring in more customers and sales. Remember that customers are always happy to support businesses that represent their interest.
For this reason, we encourage you to apply the tips above because they are useful and will enable you to grow your business faster.
This article originally appeared at Mark Growth
About the author
Moss Clement is a content manager at Writers Per Hour, a freelance writer/blogger, and the Founder of Moss Media. He is working closely with B2B marketers – helping several startups grow their online presence in the digital marketing space. By delivering highly informative content pieces, he has assisted small & medium-size businesses to build their online reputation and connect them with their buyer persona.